Thursday, February 12, 2009
at 6:24 PM

I am suffering from sleep paralysis for the past 4 year. damn it.

Symptoms of sleep paralysis can be either one of the following or a combination:

  • Paralysis: this occurs after waking up or shortly before falling asleep. The person cannot move any body part, and only has minimal control over blinking, breathing, and very rarely, movement of the jaw. This paralysis is the same paralysis that occurs when dreaming. The brain paralyzes the muscles to prevent possible injury during dreams, as some body parts may move during dreaming. If the person wakes up suddenly, the brain may still think that it is dreaming, and sustains the paralysis.
  • Hallucinations: Images or speaking that appear during the paralysis. The person may think that someone is standing beside them or they may hear strange sounds. These may be dreamlike, possibly causing the person to think that they are still dreaming. Often it is reported as feeling a weight on one's chest, as if being underneath a person or heavy object.

These symptoms can last from mere seconds to several minutes (although they can feel like much longer) and can be frightening to the person. There may be some body movement, but it is very unlikely and hard for a person to accomplish.


the first time i encounter this is when i cant move no matter how i struggle, i saw a dog sitting on my stomach and a man standing beside a mirror. I dunno why, i am not scare at all. I just hack care and went back to sleep. After that, i keep on experience this and now i even know it is 'coming' when i am sleeping. I can feel my body heavier and i will move my body to prevent my body from getting paralyze. But i cant escape no matter what, it will come back again and again.
Every month i will 'paralyze' once haha.


Yesterday again, i am sleeping at my bf house but bf book in already. So, i knew it coming again, the feeling is just indescribable unless you experience yourself. I heard some noise, someone playing psp beside me. But i am just used to it that i ignore it.


Damn............. i think i am just too tired this few days.

xoxo,
you know you love me




The Queen

Hello munchies, i am Karenn, Space and Interior Design Graduated. YES! I am a dolphin in my past life. Burberry & Prada Craze. I love milo and crunchie, nomming them makes me HAPPY. ... more



Inspiration

cherrybonbons


Gossips










XOXO

Tracy Ada Fify Gisiang
Fenniie Christina Yvonne Elaine
Peizhen Pearlyn >